UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) #7 aims to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. Digital solutions can play a role in achieving this goal in a number of ways:
- Smart grids: Digital technologies can be used to optimise the distribution of electricity, leading to more efficient use of energy resources.
- Renewable energy: Digital solutions can help to monitor and control renewable energy systems, such as solar and wind farms, and make them more reliable.
- Energy-efficient buildings: Building management systems that use digital technologies can help to optimise the use of energy in buildings, leading to reduced energy consumption.
- Energy poverty: Digital solutions can help to provide access to energy in areas that are not connected to traditional energy grids, such as remote or rural communities.
- Energy data: Digital solutions can help to collect, analyze and share data on energy use and production, which can help to inform policy and decision-making related to energy.
Overall, the use of digital solutions can help to improve access to and the efficiency of energy systems, which can contribute to the achievement of SDG #7.